As a leading provider of Insolvancy solutions, Murphy Gubbins offers the following:
- A fast, reliable and acknowledged expert service from Ireland’s largest property consultancy
- A track record of success in insolvency valuations and sales
- A ONE STOP SHOP – we have expertise specialising in every type of commercial property including offices, industrial, retail, investment property, development land, machinery and facilities management
- A preliminary indication or verbal property valuation provided within 24 hours – anywhere in Ireland
- INSTANT SECURITY and engineers available
- A full expert plant and machinery valuation and disposal service, dovetailed with the property sale
The Companies Act 1990 obliges the Liquidator or Receiver to take all due care to get the best price reasonably obtainable at the time of the sale and for the Examiner to present a realistic
scheme of arrangement.
Ireland’s property market is emerging from a most dramatic period of change, with new types ofproperrties, new locations and new taxation, ownership and financing structures. Perceptions of value vary
widely and in an age of increased litigation, the Liquidator / Receiver / Examiner must be seen to have fully and transparently examined every aspect of the pro p e rty and take appropriate professional advice in rder to maximise value.
We foresee creditors and directors of insolvent companies taking a stronger interest in maximising value and the insolvency practitioner needs to be certain that his Agents have thoroughly considered all of the issues in producing the best price in a clean sale. This is where Murphy Gubbins’ experience and track record of reliability and success pays dividends.
From initial instruction, we can provide, where required, a preliminary/verbal property valuation within 24 hours. These estimates are followed up quickly with a formal and comprehensive valuation report.
Alongside the preparation of the valuations, we can provide a detailed marketing report which will examine all aspects of the property and assets. New important issues whichmay arise and on which we will advise you include:
- Should the property be vacated?
- Should the development be completed?
- Should the social housing element be copper-fastened with the local authority?
- Is the property in a Special Planning Zone – can we complete the application?
- Should adjoining properties be considered?
- Is there another use for this property?
- Preventative maintenance procedures during the shutdown period
- Are there any environmental issues?
The marketing re p o rt will advise on the steps to take to maximise the value, on the best method of sale, likely timescales and will include a comprehensive marketing plan including internet and overseas exposure, where appropriate.
Property and Asset Management
Our Property and Asset Management service provides quality advice on the management of properties, including recommendations on sales, lettings and financial restructuring, establishing tenancies, collecting rent, service charges and checking insurances etc.